Thursday, February 6, 2014

So what is yoga anyway?

I am reviewing the notes that I kept over the past month and I have a number of lines that start with "yoga is..." 

Yoga is mystical hinduism
Yoga is union with the divine
Yoga is the distinction between the real and unreal, the unchanging and the changing
Yoga is divine evolution
Yoga is the goal and the process
Yoga is knowledge (realization) of the truth
Yoga is serve, love, give, purify, meditate, realize
The 'highest yoga' is to bear insult and bear injury
Yoga Chitta Vritti Nirodha : yoga is controlling the thought waves with the mind stuff

Yoga IS NOT just a form of physical exercise : Asana is one step along the path of raja yoga, the path of meditation. Control of the body and breath --> control of the mind --> samadhi (superconsiousness)


((I never made it to the end of my notebook, but if you have any other definitions of what yoga is, please help me with my collection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment