Monday, February 3, 2014

Best and Worst of TTC

A quick summary of my most favorite and least favorite things:

BEST
- evening satsang guest lectures and musical performances
- chanting
- chocolate
- philosophy lectures
- practicing advanced asanas
- homemade yogurt and granola
- early morning walking meditation
- anything on the beach
- thai yoga massages
- mantra initiation
- advanced pranayana
- karma yoga
- getting to know people from around the world

WORST
- lack of sleep (this was supplemented with naps)
- morning lectures (hard to pay attention due to the above)
- emotionally eating bread (bread is the junk food of the ashram. most of us did this)
- kriyas (while they were interesting, my overall experience was unpleasant)
- sitting 8 hours a day
- running from one class to another
- sand in my tent
- internet not working
- karma yoga (at first it was bad, but by the end it was one of the best things)
- not getting to know a lot of people

As you can see, it was the little things that would make it or break it. The good outweighed the bad, in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Just read your later posts, congratulations on your graduation! And, more importantly on the life lessons, knowing yourself better, overall, on the whole experience! I liked the way you wrote the advice on surrendering. It sure prompted me to reflect. I can say this was one of the most important life lessons I learned. More from ‘A Course in Miracles’ perspective, but the same thing: realizing when, after I do what I can and I am happy with my efforts, surrender! It’s hard to give up the control we think we should have, but it works!

    Talk to you soon,
    Camelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! It is so nice to read your Ashram experiences here. I had similar likes/dislikes, although I couldn't indulge on the bread (although I heard it was delicious). Wishing you an exceptional trip to Central America! Big hug, Kate

    ReplyDelete