Friday, June 13, 2014

Rainy season in Costa Rica

"Winter" has arrived. Winter down here means rain... every day. Its good in the sense that it is making me eager to get home for the summer! But not so great for enjoying my last few days on the beach. After Monteverde I went to the Pacific coast, to a little town on the Nicoya peninsula called Montezuma. Like a number of other places I have visited, the guidebook made it out to be a much more interesting place than it actually is. I can imagine during the high season it is different, but now it is low season so it was very quiet. And the humidity, when it wasn't raining, was very very high so I went out on a nice hike along the coast and ended up soaked without actually going swimming. All of my belongings are damp and my backpack smells a bit funky... Ugh.
Yesterday I spent the whole day traveling from Montezuma across the country to the Caribbean and I arrived after dark in a town  called Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Of course  I was in a bus. So far today it has been raining really hard and unfortunately I lost my rain jacket in Monteverde so I have been hesitant to go out and explore. I have a few days here, and there are quite a few things that I would like to do (besides lie on the beach) so hopefully the weather improves.

1 comment:

  1. do you get to read the comments?
    liked your list of what to pack and not need. esp the small speaker, really a must-have eh!
    i don't think I would like the humidity constant dampness.
    now it's time to get back to the yoga
    see you tues
    D

    ReplyDelete